Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Start-Up Strategy

My initial weigh-in is tomorrow, which means I have an automatic handicap as everyone else has had a weigh-in already. To offset this I am leveraging a binge strategy to elevate my weight prior to the weigh-in at 7:20 tomorrow morning. Intimate familiarity with my weight fluctuation means that a large meal will give me a high reading, but won't slow me down as it will also be the first weight that comes off. It is, after all, mainly water.

In my case, the water came in the form of a catered lunch at a Leadership Development Network (LDN) lunch (cream of spinach soup, the larger half of a wrap featuring roasted veggies enrobed in some kind of sauce, macaroni salad, and a cherry tart), followed by a second lunch (I'm part hobbit) - in Windsor - a gyro wrap and piece of baklava. (I, um, also grabbed half a cookie and another square from the LDN lunch buffet, enroute to my car - I did this in stealth mode...). A handful of Werther candies from Doug's soon-to-be-off-limits at-work candy bowl, and a small bag of English Minstrel chocolates, and I was ready to thud myself onto the scales of justice.

But then! Oh the horror! My weigh-in, postponed!

Expecting a weigh-in tonight, only to be told it was going to be tomorrow morning, was, I admit, a crushing blow, as everyone knows you are at your lightest first thing in the am! I want to weigh more, in order to lose more. (This, work with me here, is my start-up strategy)

I turned what, to a less determined competitor, might have been a hurtle, into a cause for celebration - a Swiss Chalet Festive Dinner! Complete with fries! And stuffing! Chicken breast with its crispy barbequed skin glistening with fatty promise! And one of those non-descript dinner rolls, bathed in a swath of butter! Well, to be honest, two swaths! And five morsels of Lindor Truffles! Merry Christmas!

I am pumped, plumped, and planning a pre-weigh-in Breakfast of Caloric Splendor!


No comments:

Post a Comment