Monday, December 1, 2014

Week Two

As I wrap up week two of "Lose to Win", I find myself flaked out on the couch, typing this and watching "Dumb and Dumber" which is the most complex viewing I have the energy for.

It's been hard keeping all my gym commitments - tonight I did my Performance workout, followed by a Boot Camp.

Tonight's Boot Camp was the most brutal to date. I can only imagine that our insructor, A., had channelled some pent-up misplaced hostility into her programming. Eight sets of seven exercises, each turn twenty seconds, with ten second breaks in between, of the following soul crushers:

  • Burpies - If you don't know what these are, just count yourself among the fortunate
  • Squats
  • Push Ups (on the floor)
  • Double ab crunches
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Skiers - a "respite" exercise, kinder and gentler - and upright!
  • And, just in case you hadn't yet lost your will to live by this point:
  • Planks
During the planks, I was collapsed against the hardwood floor, feeling a wave of self-pity and condemnation - why had I let myself plump out? Why do I have the weakest, flimsiest arms in the country? And why was I listening to A., who clearly had it in for the class today?

Afterwards, I had enough energy to turn the water on at home, and sink into a bath of Epsom salts - sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment